Cramer Quick Take: I'm a Buyer of IBM
Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Can investors still make money with IBM (IBM) after the company reported monster earnings, sending shares up 5%? Jim Cramer told Debra Borchardt at TheStreet.com Wednesday he still feels there's room for IBM to grow, which is why he owns share for his charitable trust, Action Alerts PLUS.
Cramer said after a disappointing quarter last quarter, IBM Wednesday delivered remarkable results. He said many are focused solely on top-line growth, but the story at IBM is how much money they make on every dollar they bring in.
He said the gross margins at IBM are incredible and as worldwide GDP begins to rebound, the company stands to make even more.Cramer said most investors, and indeed most news outlets, don't take the time to read entire earnings releases, which is why so many headlines read that IBM disappointed this quarter. If you want to be a good investors, Cramer said, then you need to read everything a company puts out. He said while shares of IBM trade at 10 times earnings, he feels they are worth at least 12 times 2015 earnings. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Scott Rutt in Washington. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV