HOUSTON, Jan. 23, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Quanex Building Products Corporation (NYSE:NX) announced today that Thomas L. Herriges has joined the company as General Manager of its Window & Door Systems business (W & DS), effective Monday, January 28. Mr. Herriges will oversee all of W & DS, a leader of vinyl extrusions for the fenestration industry, and report to Dave Petratis, Quanex president and chief executive officer.
"I am very excited about the outstanding experience that Tom will bring to Quanex and our W & DS operations," said Petratis. "He has excellent knowledge of world class manufacturing processes to guide our teams in all areas of operations. He has a long history of successes in product development, customer service and manufacturing improvements through lean methodology."
Tom was previously Director of Operations for Honeywell International / Autolite LLC and Manufacturing and Supply Chain Manager for 3M Manufacturing and Supply Chain Services. Tom graduated with Honors from the University of Minnesota with a BS in Mechanical Engineering and earned his MBA from the Paul Merage School of Business at the University of California, Irvine.Quanex Building Products Corporation is an industry-leading manufacturer of value-added, engineered products and components, serving the energy-efficient building products markets. Quanex is committed to bringing innovative products and solutions to our markets through passionate people, powerful brands, creative thinking and, above all, integrity. The Company is listed on the NYSE under the symbol NX. For further information, visit the Company's website at www.quanex.com . The Quanex Building Products Corporation logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=1117
CONTACT: Investor Contact: Martin Ketelaar, 713-877-5402, firstname.lastname@example.org Media Contact: Valerie Calvert, 713-877-5305, email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV