White, who has a "buy" rating on IBM, raised his price target to $251 from $245. The analyst also hiked his first-quarter revenue estimate to $24.42 billion from $24.27 billion and his earnings estimate to $3.05 a share from $3. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters are looking for first-quarter revenue of $24.67 billion and earnings of $3.06 a share.
Societe Generale upgraded IBM from "sell" to "hold" and raised its target price to $201 from $188.
In a note released Wednesday, Societe Generale analyst Richard Nguyen pointed to IBM's better-than-expected guidance, the success of its new mainframe offerings and the company's potential for software and services growth.
"With an improving demand environment expected for
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV