White, who has a "buy" rating on IBM, raised his price target to $251 from $245. The analyst also hiked his first-quarter revenue estimate to $24.42 billion from $24.27 billion and his earnings estimate to $3.05 a share from $3. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters are looking for first-quarter revenue of $24.67 billion and earnings of $3.06 a share.
Societe Generale upgraded IBM from "sell" to "hold" and raised its target price to $201 from $188.
In a note released Wednesday, Societe Generale analyst Richard Nguyen pointed to IBM's better-than-expected guidance, the success of its new mainframe offerings and the company's potential for software and services growth.
"With an improving demand environment expected for [the second half of 2013], notably in Europe, IBM should be able to reverse its revenue growth trajectory which has declined over the last three quarters," he wrote.--Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV