Radisys® Corporation (NASDAQ: RSYS), a leading provider of embedded wireless infrastructure solutions, today announced that its Trillium® TOTALeNodeB™ has been awarded the Mobility Tech Zone 2012 LTE Visionary Award for its demonstration of planning and vision in delivering progressive wireless broadband services. Radisys’ TOTALeNodeB small cell solution enables operators to meet their network capacity constraints while allowing Telecom Equipment Manufacturers to cut their small cell development time in half. In addition, the company has released an iPad version of its Trillium poster, a mainstay technical resource in the telecommunications industry for the past twenty years.
- Radisys’ award-winning Trillium TOTALeNodeB is a complete software solution that reduces the typical product development time by 50 percent and markedly simplifies the development and integration of LTE small cells.
- Integrated and system verified with leading small cell System on a Chip (SoC) platforms, providing an off-the-shelf deployment-ready implementation.
- Provided as a source code, it includes the Trillium LTE eNodeB application, radio resource management (RRM), radio environment monitoring (REM), self-organizing network (SON), schedulers and all of the Trillium protocol layers.
- Radisys’ Trillium small cell software has proven critical to the advancement of small cell deployments around the world.
- Deployed in the world’s first LTE small cell networks with South Korea Telecom and Korea Telecom.
- Engaged in 15 active small cell trials and deployments.
- Secured more than 60 LTE customer wins.
- Named Best Enabling Technology by the Small Cell Forum and recognized by leading mobile operators as a Fierce Innovation Award Finalist in addition to the LTE Visionary Award.
- Radisys’ free iPad version of its world-famous Trillium Poster provides an on-the-go visual roadmap of how wireless network elements interconnect across various technology architectures.
- Enables users to access illustrations of standards-based network elements, interfaces and protocol stacks for a variety of telecommunications networks while on-the-go.
- Incorporates more than 145 network interfaces, an extensive industry glossary of acronyms, portrait and landscape orientation, pinching/zooming of network maps, a new video section, and the most cutting-edge LTE and small cell content.
- Free to download from the Radisys website or the iTunes store.
“We are pleased to receive this award as it validates our vision for the evolution of cellular networks and the role of the Heterogeneous Network, or HetNet, enabling operators to expand their network coverage with small cells to meet subscriber demands for bandwidth,” said Manish Singh, CTO, Radisys. “With TOTALeNodeB, we’ve supplied our TEM customers with an integrated small cell solution that minimizes their financial risk and accelerates time to market.”