One software stock that insiders are showing some love to here is Adobe Systems (ADBE). Insiders are buying this stock into some decent strength, since shares are up 24% in the last six months.
Adobe Systems has a market cap of $18.83 billion and an enterprise value $16.75 billion. This stock trades at a reasonable valuation, with a trailing price-to-earnings of 22.92 and a forward price-to-earnings of 21.02. Its estimated growth rate for this year is -40%, and for next year it's pegged at 28.4%. This is a cash-rich company, since the total cash position on its balance sheet is $3.54 billion and its total debt is $1.51 billion. After you back out the debt, Adobe Systems has a total of $2.03 billion of cash on its balance sheet.A beneficial owner just bought 5,000 shares, or around $190,000 worth of stock, at $38.06 per share. From a technical perspective, ADBE is currently trending above both its 50-day and 200-day moving averages, which is bullish. This stock has been trading sideways for the last month, with shares moving between $36.65 on the downside and $38.78 on the upside. A high-volume move outside of the upper-end of that range will trigger a major breakout trade for shares of ADBE. If you're in the bull camp on ADBE, then I would look for long-biased trades if this stock manages to break out above some near-term overhead resistance levels at $38.50 to $38.78 a share with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above those levels with volume that registers near or above its three-month average action of 4.2 million shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then ADBE will set up to enter new 52-week-high territory, which is bullish technical price action. Some possible upside targets off that breakout are $40 to $43 a share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV