One stock that insiders are jumping into here is health care insurance company UnitedHealth Group (UNH). This stock has been trading flat for the last six months, with shares up just 2%.
UnitedHealth Group has a market cap of $57 billion and an enterprise value of $63 billion. This stock trades at a cheap valuation, with a trailing price-to-earnings of 10.55 and a forward price-to-earnings of 9.27. Its estimated growth rate for this year is 4.7%, and for next year it's pegged 8.7%. This is not a cash-rich company, since the total cash position on its balance sheet is $11.44 billion and its total debt is $16.75 billion.A director just bough 2,000 shares, or around $108,000 worth of stock, at $54.42 per share. From a technical perspective, UNH is currently trending above both its 50-day and 200-day moving averages, which is bullish. This stock has been uptrending strong for the last month, with shares moving higher from its low of $51.36 to its recent high of $56.25 a share. During that move, shares of UNH have been consistently making higher lows and higher highs, which is bullish technical price action. That move has now pushed shares of UNH within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. >>5 Stocks Ready to Break Out If you're bullish on UNH, then I would look for long-biased trades if this stock manages to break out above some near-term overhead resistance levels at $57.01 to $58.06 a share with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above those levels with volume that hits near or above its three-month average action of 6.2 million shares. If that breakout hits soon, then UNH will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance level at $60.27 a share. As of the most recent quarter, UnitedHealth was one of the top holdings at Daniel Loeb's Third Point.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV