3 Things You Should Know About Small Business: Jan. 23
Along with new products and features, there is always the possibility of product launch delays and even cancellations, which can be hard on a small business that relies on the success of the feature to get them going.
3. Bootstrapping in the Midwest. Often overlooked by startups in favor of more traditional hubs like Silicon Valley or New York, the Midwest is increasingly cultivating centers of entrepreneurial activity, according to Small Business Trends.
"You don't hear about them, because they don't have big funding announcements to make. The entrepreneurship media ignores all these companies that don't raise big money, but they generate big revenues," the article says.-- Written by Laurie Kulikowski in New York. Follow @LKulikowski To contact Laurie Kulikowski, send an email to: Laurie.Kulikowski@thestreet.com. >To submit a news tip, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow TheStreet on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV