Along with new products and features, there is always the possibility of product launch delays and even cancellations, which can be hard on a small business that relies on the success of the feature to get them going.
3. Bootstrapping in the Midwest. Often overlooked by startups in favor of more traditional hubs like Silicon Valley or New York, the Midwest is increasingly cultivating centers of entrepreneurial activity, according to Small Business Trends.
"You don't hear about them, because they don't have big funding announcements to make. The entrepreneurship media ignores all these companies that don't raise big money, but they generate big revenues," the article says.-- Written by Laurie Kulikowski in New York. Follow @LKulikowski To contact Laurie Kulikowski, send an email to: Laurie.Kulikowski@thestreet.com. >To submit a news tip, email: email@example.com.
Follow TheStreet on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts