DAVOS, Switzerland, Jan. 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- ManpowerGroup (NYSE: MAN), the world leader in innovative workforce solutions and World Economic Forum (WEF) strategic partner, advises Human Resource (HR) leaders to refine leadership and management approaches in order to build effective, flexible work models that make Human Age companies resilient in the face of unpredictable business challenges.
"In the Human Age Corporation, leadership style needs to change dramatically to become more participative and collaborative, as leadership that drives a culture of collaboration must be the heart and soul of tomorrow's organization," said Mara Swan, ManpowerGroup Executive Vice President of Global Strategy and Talent. "Tomorrow's leaders will be visionary Human Age leaders, developing new skills to become curators of information and coaches for their teams. They will possess opposing skill sets; strategic yet tactical, conceptual yet action-oriented, the ability to anticipate and react, and always pushing the limits of what's next."
Swan is a member of the Global Agenda Council on New Models of Leadership, which met today at the WEF Annual Meeting in Davos. Many of the themes explored in this session reflect issues addressed in ManpowerGroup's insight paper, "Leading in the Human Age: Why an Era of Certain Uncertainty Requires New Approaches to the World of Work," published yesterday. This paper explores the importance of adopting new leadership models, people practices and talent sources to enable companies to navigate today's new talent complexities.In "Leading in the Human Age", ManpowerGroup calls for leaders to become more collaborative and transparent, and to think, operate and lead differently, so that they become more effective coaches to grow, develop and unleash the human potential of their workforces. In an increasingly hyperconnected world as much agility as possible must be built into an organization.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV