BERKELEY HEIGHTS, N.J., Jan. 23, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Authentidate Holding Corp. (Nasdaq:ADAT), a provider of secure web-based software applications and telehealth products and services for healthcare organizations, today announced that it plans to introduce a mobile telehealth tablet and a telehealth software application (App) designed to address the needs of the growing mobile telehealth markets. The company estimates that the market for remote patient monitoring solutions will grow to approximately $7 billion this year due to the impact of new programs designed to reduce patient care costs and the high hospital readmission rate of patients with chronic illnesses.
"Our new mobile telehealth tablet and our telehealth App for user-supplied tablets or smart phones are both exciting new products that are designed to address the needs of mobility in the telehealth marketplace. Mobile patients (patients that are not home-bound) represent a rapidly growing segment of the patient population that can benefit from a remote patient monitoring program. Patients will be able to use the telehealth tablet or install the telehealth App on their own mobile device.
"These new telehealth products will complement our present offerings, and provide for a broader range of price points and patient segments that can benefit from telehealth. The ease of adapting these next generation products to existing standard interfaces in tablets and smart phones should also make them more readily available to international markets. These new products are consistent with efforts to reduce the cost of healthcare and are aligned with Federal government efforts to broaden reimbursements for Telemedicine. The commercial availability of these new mobile telehealth products is scheduled for launch in February 2013, following the completion of our testing and quality assurance procedures," said Gavin Stewart, Vice President of Business Development at Authentidate.Some of the advantages of Authentidate's new mobile telehealth products are:
- Smaller and Lighter for Patient Mobility
- Built-in Bluetooth Connectivity for Vital Sign Peripherals
- Built-In Cellular Data Communications
- Built-In Live Video and Audio Chat Capabilities
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV