PHILADELPHIA, Jan. 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- LaserLock Technologies, Inc. (OTC BB: LLTI), a global leader in providing state-of-the art authentication solutions to pharmaceuticals, high-end retailers, casinos and governments, has announced its 2013 Board of Directors. Technological advancements in computer imaging, the explosion of the Internet and subsequent growth of e-commerce have created significant increases in counterfeiting. The highly qualified individuals on the Board of Directors will add invaluable expertise to guide LaserLock Technologies toward a future of growth in 2013 and beyond.
Michael Sonnenreich, Chairman of Kikaku America, will be LaserLock's new Chairman. Norman Gardner, founder of LaserLock Technologies, will be assuming the role of Vice Chairman.
"I am honored to be appointed Chairman of the Board of LaserLock Technologies, particularly during such an important time of growth for the company and the anti-counterfeiting industry," said Sonnenreich. "Today, it is estimated that counterfeiting is a $600 billion a year problem that's growing rapidly and continuously evolving. Organizations need proven solutions that ensure security and mitigate risk. As we move forward, we anticipate tremendous demand for our patented solutions that are unrivalled in the marketplace."
Other additions to LaserLock's new Board of Directors include:
- Constance Harriman served as a Director of the Export Import Bank and Assistant Secretary of the Interior, and has over 25 years of legal, public policy and management experience.
- Walter Hauck III most recently served as CIO and Senior Vice President of Technology at Dun & Bradstreet, where he led a team of 1,000+ staff and supported the world's largest commercial credit applications. Prior, he served as Vice President for Worldwide Technology for Pfizer Inc.
- General Peter Pace served as the 16 th Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff from 2005 to 2007. Prior to becoming Chairman, he served as Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. General Pace holds the distinction of being the first Marine to have held either of these offices. He retired in 2007 after more than 40 years of active service in the United States Marine Corps.
- Jonathan Weinberger is the Executive Vice President of Veedims. He has served under six cabinet members in various positions and was also the youngest ever Executive Secretary at the Treasury Department. In addition, Weinberger served as the Executive Secretary and Deputy Chief of Staff at the Office of the United States Trade Representative at the White House.
- Paul Wolfowitz has spent more than three decades in public service and higher education, including 24 years in U.S. government service under seven U.S. presidents. Most recently he served as the Deputy Secretary of Defense from 2001 to 2005, and then as President of the World Bank from 2005 to 2007.
- Neil Alpert is the President of LaserLock Technologies, and brings with him over a decade of management experience. He most recently served as the President of the Kiawah Group, a boutique government affairs and development firm.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV