DETROIT, Jan. 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- For true baseball fans, January means a new season is near. Chevrolet will spread spring fever at the North American International Auto Show, the General Motors Heritage Center and GM's Renaissance Center headquarters when members of the American League Champion Detroit Tigers visit with fans, employees and customers this week.
The visits, part of the team's annual Winter Caravan, begin with an invitation-only stop on Thursday at the GM Heritage Center. Tigers players and members of the military and their families will be hosted by Metro Detroit Chevrolet dealers, tour the facility and see GM's classic and retired concept cars.
On Friday, the Caravan will stop at the North American International Auto Show, where players will participate in a question-and-answer session at the Chevrolet display.
Later that afternoon, the players will travel to the Wintergarden in the GM Renaissance Center where they will be introduced by Tigers broadcasters Mario Impemba and Rod Allen, be welcomed by a GM employee rally and host a question-and-answer session with fans. Employees will collect and donate gently used baseball and softball equipment to benefit Think Detroit PAL, which organizes youth sports programs in the city. Donations to Think Detroit PAL can be made by texting DPAL to 80888 or by visiting www.thinkdetroitpal.org."As the Official Vehicle of Major League Baseball, we began our countdown to Opening Day in Detroit right after the World Series ended last fall," said Chris Perry, vice president, Chevrolet marketing. "We're glad to be able to share our love of baseball with fans and our customers as we launch our own all-star lineup of 13 new or significantly enhanced models in 2013." Chevrolet's participation in the Detroit Tigers Winter Caravan schedule for Jan. 24 and 25 is:
- Jan. 24: At 1 p.m., the Caravan kicks off with an invitation-only visit to the GM Heritage Center, where players will meet with service members from the Selfridge Air National Guard Base, the National Guard and their families
: Two stops:
- 11:30 a.m. at the North American International Auto Show, where players will answer fans' questions in the Chevy display (an auto show ticket is required for entry)
- 2:30 p.m., GM employee rally at the GM Renaissance Center Wintergarden. Shannon Hogan of Fox Sports Detroit will host a "pre-game" show.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV