ADVISORY, Jan. 23, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) --
|WHO:||QLogic Corp. (Nasdaq:QLGC), a global leader and technology innovator in high performance networking.|
|WHAT:||QLogic will exhibit and present at Cloud Expo Europe 2013, Europe's premier event for cloud computing.|
QLogic Mt. Rainier Technology Delivers New Performance Benefits for ESX Clusters
Enterprises can overcome lackluster cloud application performance with QLogic® Mt. Rainier shared solid state disk (SSD) caching technology. Mt. Rainier brings transparent, shared server-based SSD caching to the cloud and closes the I/O performance gap across the entire enterprise. This I/O innovation delivers scalable performance to I/O-hungry applications running in mission-critical, single-server and clustered, shared-resource environments. The QLogic exhibit will feature a Mt. Rainier demonstration that includes OS-transparent SSD caching of critical application data, as well as vMotion across physical servers in a VMware ESX cluster while maintaining SSD I/O acceleration performance.QLogic Takes Data to the Cloud As applications shift to cloud computing infrastructure, IT managers face the challenge of migrating information from one data center to another without disrupting business. The QLogic Data Migration Solution (DMS) provides IT managers with a single tool to migrate data from the most complex heterogeneous environments to the cloud. Attendees who visit the QLogic exhibit can learn more about how QLogic DMS, with any-to-any storage protocol connectivity, provides highly flexible and efficient online and offline block storage migration. QLogic's Henrik Hansen Speaks Henrik Hansen, QLogic Director of EMEA Marketing, will provide attendees with insight and practical information in two sessions:
- "Next-generation I/O Architecture for Big Data" on Tuesday, January 29 at 3 p.m. Enterprises are increasingly using Hadoop to analyze big data, and are realizing that careful consideration of all infrastructure choices is critical to maximize Hadoop's value. When looking to build out a Hadoop cluster, IT administrators need to balance costs with node performance, based on CPU, memory, storage and network resources. Overall performance of a Hadoop cluster depends on achieving a balance between CPU, memory, networking and storage within the individual nodes. Hansen will explain how big data is impacting data center architectures today and will show attendees how to build an optimized storage and networking infrastructure for the future. Participants will also learn how enterprise IT can leverage cloud storage while maintaining iSCSI and Fibre Channel local storage infrastructure.
- " Expanding Channel Business Opportunities with Data Migration" on Wednesday, January 30 at 12:40 p.m. As more companies move data center applications and significant amounts of information to the cloud, channel organizations can expand their service offerings and their addressable market with minimal investment by becoming trusted experts in data migration strategies and execution. Enterprise IT departments face time-consuming, complex and potentially expensive obstacles stemming from heterogeneous data center environments with different protocols and technologies and varying compliance and data retention requirements. Hansen will demonstrate how channel organizations can provide highly needed migration services for clients, along with a solid growth strategy for themselves, by matching the right data migration solutions with technical competencies and education.
|WHEN:||Tuesday & Wednesday, 29–30 January|
|WHERE:||Cloud Expo Europe 2013|
|QLogic Exhibit #815|
|National Hall Olympia|
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts