Fourth quarter pacemaker sales were $260 million, an 11 percent decrease compared to the fourth quarter of 2011. Total pacemaker sales for 2012 were $1.111 billion, down 8 percent compared to pacemaker sales in 2011. On a constant currency basis, total pacemaker sales declined 6 percent from the prior year.
Atrial Fibrillation (AF)
AF product sales for the fourth quarter totaled $239 million, a 10 percent increase over the fourth quarter of 2011. On a constant currency basis, AF product sales increased 11 percent in the fourth quarter of 2012. For the full-year 2012, AF product sales were $898 million, an increase of 9 percent over the prior year. On a constant currency basis, AF product sales increased 12 percent in 2012.
CardiovascularTotal cardiovascular sales, which primarily include vascular and structural heart products, were $338 million for the fourth quarter of 2012, approximately equal to the fourth quarter of 2011. Total cardiovascular product sales for 2012 were $1.328 billion, down 1 percent from 2011, including a $36 million decrease due to unfavorable foreign currency translations. On a constant currency basis, cardiovascular product sales increased 2 percent in 2012. Total structural heart product sales for the fourth quarter of 2012 were $152 million, approximately equal compared with the fourth quarter of 2011. Total structural heart product sales for 2012 were $612 million, an increase of 3 percent compared to 2011 or 6 percent on a currency neutral basis. Sales of vascular products in the fourth quarter of 2012 were $186 million, a 2 percent decrease from the fourth quarter of 2011. Total vascular product sales for 2012 were $716 million, down about 3 percent from 2011 or down 1 percent on a constant currency basis. Neuromodulation St. Jude Medical sales of neuromodulation products were $113 million in the fourth quarter of 2012, down 7 percent from the prior year. Total neuromodulation product sales for 2012 were $423 million, up 1 percent over the prior year including a $7 million decrease due to unfavorable currency translations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV