Microsoft isn't dying because Dell stinks. Microsoft is dying because Microsoft stinks and Steve Ballmer continues to play make believe that he's the right guy to be CEO of a company in desperate need of wholesale transformation.
Ballmer is killing Microsoft by keeping up the charade that, after five years of stagnation and an abject cluelessness regarding how to integrate and leverage the fantastic Xbox, he not only deserves to keep his job, but that what another company does ultimately holds Microsoft back.
--Written by Rocco Pendola in Santa Monica, Calif.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV