Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI):
- Fourth-quarter and full-year sales up 6 percent from a year ago
- Fourth-quarter Government sales up 10 percent from a year ago; up 12 percent for the full year
- Fourth-quarter GAAP earnings per share (EPS) from continuing operations* up 119 percent from a year ago; up 34 percent for the full year
- Fourth-quarter Non-GAAP** EPS from continuing operations up 26 percent from a year ago; up 23 percent for the full year
- Repurchased $326 million of shares in the quarter; $2.4 billion for the full year
- Generated $564 million in operating cash flow during the quarter; $1.1 billion for the full year
|Fourth Quarter||Full Year|
|Total sales ($M)||$2,441||$2,300||6%||$8,698||$8,203||6%|
|GAAP operating earnings ($M)||$423||$276||53%||$1,256||$858||46%|
|Non-GAAP operating earnings ($M)||$476||$444||7%||$1,503||$1,373||9%|
|GAAP EPS from continuing operations||$1.18||$0.54||119%||$2.95||$2.20||34%|
|Non-GAAP EPS from continuing operations||$1.10||$0.87||26%||$3.20||$2.61||23%|
Click here for printable press release and financial tables.
Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI) announced today its fourth-quarter and full-year 2012 results highlighted by fourth-quarter sales of $2.4 billion, up 6 percent from the fourth quarter of 2011, and full-year sales of $8.7 billion, up 6 percent from 2011. For the full year, Government sales were up 12 percent and Enterprise sales declined 5 percent. These results include revenue for Psion, which was acquired on Oct. 1, 2012.
“It was another outstanding year for Motorola Solutions as we continued to deliver strong operational and financial results,” said Greg Brown, chairman and CEO of Motorola Solutions. “We strengthened our product portfolio, expanded operating margins, generated $1.1 billion in operating cash and returned $2.7 billion in capital to our shareholders.”