Demandware®, Inc. (NYSE: DWRE), a leader in on-demand ecommerce, today announced that ECCO, a world-leading brand of shoes combining style and comfort, is using the Demandware Commerce platform to power its new U.S. ecommerce site and mobile commerce site, built with responsive web design. The company also plans to use Demandware’s cloud platform to quickly and efficiently expand internationally, beginning with Canada.
ECCO products are sold online and in 4,000 branded locations in over 90 countries. The company is the only major shoe manufacturer to own and manage every step of the shoemaking process. It’s critical that ECCO provide the uncompromising quality, reliability and stylish comfort its consumers are seeking across all channels and geographies. ECCO USA moved from a custom-built on-premise solution to Demandware’s cloud platform, enabling the company to keep pace with evolving trends and technologies and to build a foundation toward future omni-channel growth.
“ECCO USA is becoming the center of excellence for our global ecommerce business and we plan to utilize the Demandware Commerce platform to support global rollouts, resulting in faster time- to-market,” said Dana Schwartz, director of marketing and ecommerce for ECCO. “We chose Demandware because we needed a proven and scalable solution with the ability to maximize ecommerce across regions, innovate to meet business needs and maintain global brand consistency for our consumers throughout their various shopping experiences.”
The next phase for ECCO is to further expand its multichannel features and utilize Demandware for converging online and offline, offering a rich mobile experience and extending the consumer experience wherever they shop. Consumers will be able to buy online and pick up their purchase in store, as well as access exclusive website merchandise via tablets in store.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV