Douglas Dynamics Inc. Stock Downgraded (PLOW)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.85, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. To add to this, PLOW has a quick ratio of 1.95, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- PLOW, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 0.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 29.4%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- DOUGLAS DYNAMICS INC's earnings per share declined by 44.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, DOUGLAS DYNAMICS INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.86 versus $0.06 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 68.6% in earnings ($0.27 versus $0.86).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Machinery industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 40.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $3.97 million to $2.35 million.
- The share price of DOUGLAS DYNAMICS INC has not done very well: it is down 6.85% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter. Looking ahead, we do not see anything in this company's numbers that would change the one-year trend. It was down over the last twelve months; and it could be down again in the next twelve. Naturally, a bull or bear market could sway the movement of this stock.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts