Procter & Gamble (PG)
The conglomerate has worked so hard and paid so much to establish its Old Spice as the NFL's deodorant of choice that it would be tragic if some other underarm product beat it to the punch.
Especially if that product is pubescent America's masking agent of choice.Sadly for P&G, Unilever (UL) picked this year to give Axe deodorant its first Super Bowl commercial and wasn't exactly subtle about it. For its $4 million, Unilever is both pitching the favored odor fighter of high school locker rooms across America and offering customers 23 seats aboard a private spacecraft for a trip beyond the atmosphere to promote its new Axe Apollo brand. P&G, meanwhile, has grounded its ad department for this year's Super Bowl and seems content to gaze up at the stars and dream of what could have been. Never mind that faint smell of awkwardness and changing vocal ranges in the background. -- Written by Jason Notte in Portland, Ore. >To contact the writer of this article, click here: Jason Notte. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/notteham. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV