Papa John's (PZZA)
Not only did Papa John's owner John Schnatter rub a whole lot of folks the wrong way with his comments about cutting employee hours to avoid the new health care mandate, but his company's big money NFL sponsorship is about to get a tough test on Super Bowl Sunday.
Once again, Papa John's is going without a commercial in favor of game day pizza specials. Yum Brands (YUM) saw its opening and instead of countering with its own Pizza Hut brand, it's shelling out nearly $8 million on a spot for Taco Bell.Though the Super Bowl has long been considered more of a beer-and-pizza event, Taco Bell's been making inroads by advertising its $5 Big Box deal during the game in 2010 and making Super Bowl mainstay Doritos the shell of its new Doritos Locos tacos. Oh, and Yum Brands has wisely not said word one about "Obamacare" or any other politically charged issue this election cycle. That may be enough for Taco Bell to pick off Papa John's portion of the holiday spread in several households.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV