DEARBORN, Mich., Jan. 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) awarded the all-new 2013 Ford Fusion and Fusion Hybrid a five-star Overall Vehicle Score in its New Car Assessment Program (NCAP) testing
- The Fusion and Fusion Hybrid feature the Personal Safety System ™, new safety belt technologies and a total of eight airbags which are designed to provide enhanced protection for vehicle occupants including redesigned seat-mounted side airbags that deploy lower in the pelvis area in addition to the chest and incorporate new venting technology to further enhance side impact protection
- In December 2012, the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) named the 2013 Ford Fusion a Top Safety Pick+, the highest recommendation the organization has for vehicle safety
The 2013 Ford Fusion and Fusion Hybrid received a top vehicle safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). The Fusion and Fusion Hybrid received a five-star Overall Vehicle Score in NHTSA New Car Assessment Program (NCAP) testing, which combines vehicle performance in frontal and side-impact crash tests and resistance to rollover .
"The Fusion and Fusion Hybrid exemplify the new face of Ford vehicles and demonstrate Ford's commitment to safety in all its vehicles across the globe," said Steve Kenner, Global Director of the Ford Automotive Safety Office (ASO).
The new five-star safety award from NHTSA is in addition to the 2013 Fusion being named a Top Safety Pick+ from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) last month. The Top Safety Pick + designation is the highest rating the organization has for vehicle safety.The all-new Fusion features the Personal Safety System ™ with new safety belt technologies and front impact airbags. The Personal Safety System ™ is a network of components that work together to tailor the deployment of the front airbags during frontal collisions. The restraint control module (RCM) translates information collected by the front crash sensors, front outboard safety belt buckle switches, driver-seat track position and passenger seat weight sensor. Using this information, the RCM activates the safety belt pretensioners and determines how the dual-stage front airbags will deploy. This tailored airbag deployment is based upon system inputs received about the size, seat track position and safety belt usage of the front seat occupants. The redesigned seat-mounted side airbags deploy lower in the pelvis area and incorporate new venting technology. The side airbag's venting technology takes into account the size of the occupant, and varies the pressure so smaller occupants receive a lower pressure.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV