Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced that ChinaCache, the leading total solutions provider of Internet content and application delivery services in China, has expanded its services in Asia-Pacific with Platform Equinix™. This new deployment in Equinix’s International Business Exchange (IBX®) data center in Hong Kong, in addition to ChinaCache’s presence in eight existing Equinix locations worldwide, allows customers to access ChinaCache’s services in key markets across three major continents including New York, Washington D.C., Silicon Valley, Dallas, Chicago, Los Angeles, Seattle, Paris and Hong Kong. Platform Equinix enables ChinaCache to deliver a better end-user experience to its customers in these regions through improved overall availability and performance.
Highlights / Key Facts
- By 2016 China is expected to become the largest Internet traffic market with 670 million Internet users, while Asia will become the dominant source of web traffic with a 42 per cent share, surpassing North America 1. To cope with this anticipated rise in demand, ChinaCache decided to increase its nodes inside Equinix’s data centers and leverage Equinix’s global footprint to expand its presence in Asia-Pacific.
- ChinaCache is the leading content delivery network provider in China with approximately 13,000 servers, as well as global nodes in Europe, Asia and the Americas. It provides comprehensive solutions for delivering content and applications throughout China and Asia to worldwide customers who desire to target these markets. ChinaCache’s deployment in Equinix’s data center in Hong Kong will help it capture the increase in demand from companies in Asia-Pacific seeking to access data and applications from China, as well as supply data and application-intensive services to China.
- From media to enterprise and e-commerce, ChinaCache’s customers operate in a number of different industries with varying demand for bandwidth and performance. By peering through the Equinix Internet Exchange ( EIE), ChinaCache can interconnect directly with its business partners and networks. As a result it can optimize access, latency and uptime performance by eliminating network hops and increase network efficiency while reducing transit costs of bandwidth.
- Equinix’s Marketplace of enterprises, service providers and content companies also enables ChinaCache to cross connect quickly and efficiently to multiple high value customers to grow its revenue. In addition, by expanding its coverage inside Equinix’s global data centers, ChinaCache is ensured the scalability it needs to develop more service offerings and expand into new markets to quickly respond and adapt to future market demand.
- Song Wang, founder, chairman and CEO, ChinaCache:
“Deploying in Equinix’s data center in Hong Kong is a strategic step for us to expand our presence in the Asia-Pacific region. The internet traffic in the Asia-Pacific region is growing exponentially, carrying with it higher demand for quality content delivery network providers. Our relationship with Equinix is valuable because its vast network choices and premium services guarantee the enhanced network connectivity needed to respond to this demand, while its rich ecosystem helps us connect to a marketplace of businesses, including content providers, enterprises and networks, which represents a wealth of opportunities to generate revenue.”
- Jim Poole , general manager of Global Networks and Mobility, Equinix:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV