(Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced that
, the leading total solutions provider of Internet content and application delivery services in China, has expanded its services in Asia-Pacific with
™. This new deployment in Equinix’s International Business Exchange (IBX®) data center in Hong Kong, in addition to ChinaCache’s presence in eight existing Equinix locations worldwide, allows customers to access ChinaCache’s services in key markets across three major continents including New York, Washington D.C., Silicon Valley, Dallas, Chicago, Los Angeles, Seattle, Paris and Hong Kong. Platform Equinix enables ChinaCache to deliver a better end-user experience to its customers in these regions through improved overall availability and performance.
Highlights / Key Facts
- By 2016 China is expected to become the largest Internet traffic market with 670 million Internet users, while Asia will become the dominant source of web traffic with a 42 per cent share, surpassing North America 1. To cope with this anticipated rise in demand, ChinaCache decided to increase its nodes inside Equinix’s data centers and leverage Equinix’s global footprint to expand its presence in Asia-Pacific.
- ChinaCache is the leading content delivery network provider in China with approximately 13,000 servers, as well as global nodes in Europe, Asia and the Americas. It provides comprehensive solutions for delivering content and applications throughout China and Asia to worldwide customers who desire to target these markets. ChinaCache’s deployment in Equinix’s data center in Hong Kong will help it capture the increase in demand from companies in Asia-Pacific seeking to access data and applications from China, as well as supply data and application-intensive services to China.
- From media to enterprise and e-commerce, ChinaCache’s customers operate in a number of different industries with varying demand for bandwidth and performance. By peering through the Equinix Internet Exchange ( EIE), ChinaCache can interconnect directly with its business partners and networks. As a result it can optimize access, latency and uptime performance by eliminating network hops and increase network efficiency while reducing transit costs of bandwidth.
- Equinix’s Marketplace of enterprises, service providers and content companies also enables ChinaCache to cross connect quickly and efficiently to multiple high value customers to grow its revenue. In addition, by expanding its coverage inside Equinix’s global data centers, ChinaCache is ensured the scalability it needs to develop more service offerings and expand into new markets to quickly respond and adapt to future market demand.
“Deploying in Equinix’s data center in Hong Kong is a strategic step for us to expand our presence in the Asia-Pacific region. The internet traffic in the Asia-Pacific region is growing exponentially, carrying with it higher demand for quality content delivery network providers. Our relationship with Equinix is valuable because its vast network choices and premium services guarantee the enhanced network connectivity needed to respond to this demand, while its rich ecosystem helps us connect to a marketplace of businesses, including content providers, enterprises and networks, which represents a wealth of opportunities to generate revenue.”
- Song Wang, founder, chairman and CEO, ChinaCache:
“We are very pleased that ChinaCache has joined Equinix’s IBX in Hong Kong to take advantage of its strategic location in Asia-Pacific and the opportunities this region currently presents. With this deployment, ChinaCache can host its networks closer to end-users in the region, improve the performance of its content delivery network connectivity worldwide and enhance the user experience to stay competitive. We look forward to continuing to support ChinaCache in its expansion worldwide.”
- Jim Poole , general manager of Global Networks and Mobility, Equinix:
ChinaCache International Holdings Ltd. (Nasdaq:CCIH) is the leading total solutions provider of Internet content and application delivery services in China. As a carrier-neutral service provider, ChinaCache's network in China is interconnected with networks operated by all telecom carriers, major non-carriers and local Internet service providers. With more than a decade of experience in developing solutions tailored to China's complex internet infrastructure, ChinaCache is a partner of choice for businesses, government agencies and other enterprises to enhance the reliability and scalability of online services and applications and to improve end-user experience. For more information on ChinaCache, please visit en.chinacache.com.