About the Cash Tender Offer
Under the terms of the definitive merger agreement, Allergan will commence a cash tender offer to purchase all of MAP’s outstanding shares for $25.00 per share, net to the seller in cash, without interest and less any applicable withholding taxes. The tender offer will remain open for at least 20 business days. The completion of the tender offer is subject to the tender of at least a majority of MAP’s outstanding shares of common stock (on a fully diluted basis), the expiration or termination of the waiting period under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act, and other customary closing conditions. The merger agreement also provides for the parties to effect, subject to customary conditions, a merger following the completion of the tender offer which would result in all shares not tendered in the tender offer being converted into the right to receive $25.00 per share, net to the holder in cash, without interest and less any applicable withholding taxes. The board of directors of MAP has unanimously agreed to recommend that MAP’s stockholders tender their shares to Allergan in the tender offer. All of MAP’s directors and executive officers and a major stockholder of MAP affiliated with a director, collectively owning approximately 9 percent of MAP’s outstanding common stock, have entered into a tender and support agreement with Allergan committing to tender all of their MAP shares in the tender offer and, if applicable, to vote in favor of the merger.
In connection with this transaction, Goldman, Sachs & Co. is acting as financial advisor and Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP as legal advisor to Allergan. Centerview Partners LLC is acting as exclusive financial advisor and provided a fairness opinion to MAP Pharmaceuticals, and Latham & Watkins LLP as legal advisor to MAP.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV