Annie's Voluntarily Recalls Frozen Pizza
BERKELEY, Calif. (AP) â¿¿ Annie's Inc. is voluntarily recalling seven kinds of frozen pizza sold nationwide over the possible risk that metal fragments made their way into the dough.
The organic and natural food company said it issued the recall after finding out that a metal mesh screen at a third-party flour mill had failed. As a result fragments of the mesh were found in the flour and pizza dough. The pieces of the wire were too small to be detected by control programs and could have made their way into the product.
Annie's said that while no metal has been found in its finished product, it initiated the recall as a precaution. There have been no consumer complaints, illnesses or injuries reported. It did not disclose the exact number of pizzas involved in the recall.
Annie's is recalling "Homegrown Frozen Pizza" products sold at stores across the country with a "best by" date between Jan. 9 and Sept. 14. The recall includes the following varieties:Organic Four Cheese Pizza in the 23.5 oz. size and UPC of 013562 200016 Organic Pepperoni Pizza in the 23.6 oz. size and UPC of 013562 200009 Organic Supreme Pizza in the 25.4 oz. size and UPC of 013562 200023 Organic Spinach and Mushroom Pizza in 25.0 oz. size and UPC of 013562 200054 Four Cheese Pizza in 22.5 oz. size and UPC of 013562 200078 Pepperoni Pizza in 22.6 oz. size and UPC of 013562 200061 BBQ Recipe Chicken Pizza in 23.1 oz. size and UPC of 013562 200092 The company said it is working with the FDA and the USDA and expects a quick resolution of this issue. Consumers who have purchased the product can return it for a full refund. Consumers with questions may call Annie's Homegrown Pizza Recall Hotline at 1-888-825-6720 or visit www.annies.com/pizzarecall for more information.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV