Bluegreen Vacations Named “Official Vacation Ownership Provider” For Choice Hotels International
Bluegreen Corporation (NYSE: BXG) today announced that its wholly-owned subsidiaries, Bluegreen Vacations and Bluegreen Resorts Management, Inc., have entered into multi-year strategic alliance agreements with Choice Hotels International, Inc. (“Choice”) (NYSE: CHH) which, among other things, name Bluegreen Vacations the “Official Vacation Ownership Provider of Choice Hotels.”
One of the largest and most successful lodging companies in the world, Choice Hotels currently franchises approximately 6,200 hotels, representing more than 495,000 rooms, in the United States and more than 30 countries and territories.
The agreements between Bluegreen and Choice:
- will allow Bluegreen Vacations to leverage Choice’s brands and customer relationships to expand its vacation ownership offerings;
- will brand 21 Bluegreen Vacation Club® resorts as part of the Choice Hotels Ascend TM Hotel Collection. Launched in fall 2008, Ascend Hotel Collection is a network of historic, boutique and unique hotels that offer guests an authentic, local experience. Today, Ascend Hotel Collection offers upscale independent hotels in the United States, Canada, Scandinavia and Latin America;
- combines components of the Choice Hotels loyalty program, Choice Privileges®, with Bluegreen Vacations’ owner travel benefit program, TravelerPlus™, so that all TravelerPlus™ participants will be eligible to enroll as members of Choice Privileges® and will be upgraded to Elite Gold status and receive special benefits. This will provide TravelerPlus™ members with access to all of the Choice hotels worldwide, including the more than 75 hotels in the Ascend Hotel Collection. Additionally, all Bluegreen Vacations’ owners will be eligible to access discounted rates at all 6,200 Choice hotels, subject to availability.
Choice’s popular brands, which include Comfort Inn, Comfort Suites, Quality, Sleep Inn, Clarion, Cambria Suites, MainStay Suites, Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, Econo Lodge and Rodeway Inn brands, as well as its Ascend Hotel Collection membership program, range from limited-service to full-service and from economy to upscale, offering business and leisure travelers an array of high-value, high-quality options.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts