RockTenn (NYSE:RKT) today reported earnings for the quarter ended December 31, 2012 of $1.18 per diluted share and adjusted earnings of $1.35 per diluted share. Adjusted earnings per share increased 14% over the prior year quarter.
|Three Months||Three Months|
|December 31,||December 31,|
|Earnings per diluted share||$||1.18||$||1.06|
|Restructuring and other costs and operating losses and transition costs due to plant closures||0.17||0.12|
|Adjusted earnings per diluted share||$||1.35||$||1.18|
First Quarter Results
- Net sales of $2,287 million for the first quarter of fiscal 2013 increased $19 million compared to the first quarter of fiscal 2012. Segment income of $209 million increased $16 million or 8% over the prior year quarter.
- RockTenn’s restructuring and other costs and operating losses and transition costs due to plant closures were $0.17 per diluted share after-tax, for the first quarter of fiscal 2013. These costs consisted primarily of $9 million of pre-tax facility closure charges and $7 million of pre-tax integration costs.
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer’s Statement
RockTenn Chairman and Chief Executive Officer James A. Rubright stated, “Our 14% adjusted earnings per share increase over the prior year quarter reflects the progress we’ve made in the operating performance of our Corrugated Packaging segment and higher pricing from the fall 2012 containerboard and box price increases. Corrugated Packaging segment EBITDA margins increased to 15.4% for the quarter.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV