DETROIT, Jan. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Expanding on its rich heritage of leadership in audio technology, Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America is launching the newest generation of its acclaimed ELS audio brand — the ELS Studio Premium Audio System. The system made its debut at the LA Auto Show in November on the all-new 2014 Acura RLX and appears in the MDX prototype that Acura revealed at the auto show. ELS Studio embodies nine years of relentless improvement to recreate the emotional experience of the recording studio.
"ELS Studio is without question the most advanced premium audio system that we have ever developed," said Elliot "ELS" Scheiner, the multi-Grammy ® Award-winning producer/engineer. "Our goal was to take premium audio to the next level by underscoring an exceptional experience for the driver. We were able to accomplish this by specifying the quality of the in-vehicle system hardware using studio equipment performance as our reference."
ELS Studio Premium Audio is a collaboration between Scheiner, Panasonic and Acura engineers. Personally involved in each phase of development, Scheiner utilized his expertise as a professional recording engineer and producer to tune the ELS Studio Premium Audio system to the RLX's and MDX prototype specific acoustic environments.
Each system features a new, high performance amplifier that provides powerful and accurate midrange and high frequency response with increased clarity. The RLX's ELS Studio Premium Audio System's 14 speakers create a dynamic listening experience for all seating positions.2014 ELS Studio/RLX System highlights:
- Hybrid, Titanium Dome Tweeters reproduce a wide frequency range and low distortion
- 8cm Super Dynamic Range Speaker with double press polypropylene cone providing low distortion and extended bass
- 17cm Super Dynamic Range Speakers in the front and rear door featuring extremely lightweight designs
- 20cm Super Low Distortion Driver (SLDD) Subwoofer with extended bass response
- Multi-Channel Power Amplifier with 588 watts and powerful DSP for sound quality enhancements and independent control of front and rear door tweeters