NEW YORK, Jan. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Alleghany Corporation (NYSE: Y) ("Alleghany") announced today that it will expand its executive leadership team by separating the role of Chief Financial Officer from management of Alleghany's approximately $16 billion fixed income portfolio. Accordingly, Roger B. Gorham will assume overall responsibility for Alleghany's fixed income portfolio and will no longer serve as Chief Financial Officer once a successor is identified.
Weston M. Hicks, President and Chief Executive Officer of Alleghany stated that "Since our merger with Transatlantic, Alleghany's fixed income portfolio has tripled in size and become considerably more complex, and it's appropriate to have a top leader singularly focused on its management. We are pleased that Roger will bring his expertise and dedication to overseeing this portfolio."
Alleghany plans to retain an executive search firm to assist in identifying a new Chief Financial Officer. Mr. Gorham will serve as Alleghany's Senior Vice President and acting Chief Financial Officer until a successor is identified, at which time Mr. Gorham will be named as Senior Vice President – Head of Fixed Income and Treasurer.
About Alleghany CorporationAlleghany Corporation (NYSE-Y) is a holding company which owns and manages operating subsidiaries and investments, anchored by a core position in property and casualty reinsurance and insurance. Alleghany's property and casualty subsidiaries include: Transatlantic Holdings, Inc., a leading global reinsurance organization; RSUI Group, Inc., a national underwriter of specialty property and liability insurance coverages; Capitol Transamerica Corporation, an underwriter of specialty property, casualty and surety insurance coverages; and Pacific Compensation Corporation, an underwriter of workers' compensation insurance primarily in California. SOURCE Alleghany Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV