Two Harbors Investment Corp. (NYSE: TWO; NYSE MKT: TWO.WS) today announced the tax treatment of common stock dividends declared in 2012. This information is provided to assist stockholders with tax reporting requirements related to dividend distribution of taxable income by Two Harbors Investment Corp.
Stockholders should review the 2012 tax statements received from their brokerage firms or other institutions to ensure that the statements agree with the information provided below. Additionally, as each stockholder’s tax situation may be different, stockholders are encouraged to consult with their own professional tax advisor with respect to their individual tax consequences.
During 2012, Two Harbors did not generate qualified dividends income (QDI). Further, no portion of the company’s 2012 dividend distributions is expected to consist of unrelated business taxable income (UBTI), which is subject to special tax reporting for certain tax exempt investors.
Because Two Harbors is a REIT, dividends declared in the last month of a calendar year with a record date in that calendar year, but which are payable in January of the following year, are considered paid for Form 1099 reporting purposes on the record date, not on the payable date, to the extent the REIT has any remaining undistributed earnings and profits (as computed for income tax purposes) as of December 31 of that calendar year.The Federal income tax classification of the 2012 distribution as it is expected to be reported on Form 1099-DIV is set forth in the following table.
|Box 1a Total||Box 2a|
|Declaration Date||Record Date||Payable Date||2012 Total Distribution Per Share||2012 Ordinary Dividends||2012 Capital Gain Distribution|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV