LAS VEGAS, Jan. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Meritor North American Aftermarket business, based in Florence, Ky., has announced the immediate availability of a Meritor-brand shock absorber product line. This new line replaces the Gabriel shocks previously sold by the company and is available immediately to all North American warehouse distributors and OEM dealers.
Announced here during Heavy Duty Aftermarket Week, the new Meritor shock absorbers – American-made in an ISO-certified facility -- are available in three models: cab shocks, standard duty shocks and premium adjustable shocks.
These are the first members of Meritor's new AllFit series, that address the all-makes market segment demanded by fleets, owner-operators and installers for quality, all-makes shock absorbers.
"These shocks reconcile perfectly with the diverse application and performance demands of the heavy duty aftermarket," said Tim Bauer, director, Undercarriage Products. "We understand our customers want choices, so we've made this first move to offer this broad grouping of all-makes parts under a Meritor brand. Truck operators can enjoy the benefits of a complete shock absorber from a trusted supplier while our customers can streamline inventory and enhance the operator's loyalty regardless of a fleet's brand composition. The all-makes difference is in the bottom line."The new shocks – ideal for Class 6-8 linehaul trucks, trailers and key vocational segments like fire and rescue, delivery vehicles, school buses, and municipal vehicles – provide an advanced sealing system, premium hydraulic fluid, and a robust design to reduce excessive misting and extend product life. The three product classes are:
- Cab shock: designed to isolate the cab from the vehicle's frame maximizing ride comfort.
- Standard-Duty: manufactured with premium components to help ensure longevity on the road.
- Premium Adjustable: can be converted to three settings...regular, firm or extra firm to support a variety of ride preferences.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts