Volterra Announces Financial Results And Acquisition Of Element Energy
"I am proud to report Volterra's twelfth consecutive year of revenue growth and our ninth consecutive profitable year," said Volterra President and CEO Jeff Staszak. "I am also pleased to announce that Volterra has acquired Element Energy, a startup with technology that significantly improves the performance, lifetime, reliability and cost of large battery packs used in a wide range of applications including stationary and renewable energy storage and hybrid and electric vehicles."
Earnings Conference Call
Volterra will be conducting a conference call today at 2:30 p.m. (PST). To access the conference call, investors can dial (877) 941-0844 approximately ten minutes prior to the initiation of the teleconference. International and local participants can dial (480) 629-9835. Investors should reference Volterra. A digital replay of the conference call will be available until midnight on Tuesday, January 29, 2013. To access the replay, investors should dial (800) 406-7325 or (303) 590-3030 and enter access code 4588519#. A webcast of the conference call also will be available from the Investors section of the Company's website at: http://www.volterra.com until midnight on Tuesday, February 19, 2013.
About Volterra Semiconductor CorporationVolterra Semiconductor Corporation, headquartered in Fremont, CA, designs, develops, and markets leading edge silicon solutions for low-voltage power delivery. The Company's product portfolio is focused on advanced switching regulators for the computer, datacom, storage, and portable markets. Volterra operates as a fabless semiconductor company utilizing world-class foundries for silicon supply. The Company is focused on creating products with high intellectual property content that match specific customer needs. For more information, please visit http://www.volterra.com . Non-GAAP Financial Measures Volterra provides all information required in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), but it believes that evaluating its financial results may be difficult if limited to reviewing only GAAP financial measures. Volterra's management believes the non-GAAP information provided is useful to investors and other users of its financial information and its inclusion with our financial results is warranted for several reasons:
- it can enhance the understanding of Volterra's financial performance by adjusting for special, non-recurring items that may obscure results and trends in our core operating performance, particularly in reconciling differences between reported income and actual cash flows;
- it can provide consistency in reviewing Volterra's historical performance between periods, as well as allowing for better comparisons of Volterra's performance with similar companies in Volterra's industry;
- it allows users to evaluate the results of the business using the same financial measures that management uses to evaluate and manage Volterra's internal planning, budgeting and operations; and
- it provides investors with additional information used by management, its board of directors and committees thereof, to determine management compensation.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV