Trust For America's Health Statement On The Healthy Lifestyles And Prevention For America Act
WASHINGTON, Jan. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Trust for America's Health (TFAH) applauds Senator Tom Harkin (IA) for re-introducing the Healthy Lifestyles and Prevention (HeLP) for America Act—an important step in moving the country from a sick care system to a health care system.
The following is a statement from Jeffrey Levi, Ph.D., executive director of TFAH.
"More than half of Americans are living with one or more serious, chronic disease ranging from type 2 diabetes to cancer and chronic diseases are responsible for seven out of every 10 deaths.The HeLP for America Act recognizes that enabling everyone to be as healthy as they choose requires access to healthy choices where they live, learn, work and play. In addition, the Act outlines how every sector—from public health to housing to education to transportation—plays an integral role in moving the nation's sick care system to a true health care system. By prioritizing prevention in the HeLP for America Act, Senator Harkin has reaffirmed his unwavering support for health promotion and disease prevention. Investing in prevention will save lives and billions of dollars by keeping Americans healthy in the first place. TFAH hopes the 113 th Congress makes prevention one of the hallmarks of the first session." On January 29, TFAH will release A Healthier America: Strategies to Move from Sick Care to Health Care in Four Years, which provides high-impact recommendations to prioritize prevention and improve the health of Americans. Trust for America's Health is a non-profit, non-partisan organization dedicated to saving lives by protecting the health of every community and working to make disease prevention a national priority. www.healthyamericans.org SOURCE Trust for America's Health
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV