Mr. Paul noted that Compuware’s Board of Directors is in the process of carefully reviewing the proposal by Elliott Management Corporation. The Board will be meeting later this week to conclude its review and plans to respond very shortly to the proposal.
Compuware noted that during the company's third quarter:
- software license fees were $64.8 million
- maintenance fees were $102.3 million
- subscription fees were $20.8 million
- professional services fees were $46.0 million
- application services fees were $23.9 million
Third Quarter Fiscal Year 2013 Highlights
During the third quarter, Compuware:
- Introduced Compuware APM for Mainframe, which is marketed as PurePath for zOS, the industry’s first and only solution for deep transaction management from the edge through the Mainframe. PurePath gives Compuware a formidable differentiator to successfully compete and grow market share, and is showing strong potential with several early deals already completed. The company also announced major enhancements to Compuware Strobe.
- Submitted a registration statement on a confidential basis for Covisint Corporation, to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission for a possible initial public offering of its Class A common stock.
- Announced that it has been positioned by Gartner, Inc. in the “Magic Quadrant for Integrated IT Portfolio Analysis (IIPA) Applications,” based on analyst evaluation of the Company’s market-leading project and portfolio management solution Changepoint.
- Announced that John Van Siclen, General Manager of Compuware's application performance management business, was named a Top 25 Disrupter of 2012 by CRN.
- Was recognized by the Michigan Business & Professional Association for the 12th consecutive year as a "101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For" in the Detroit region.
- Developed a new generation performance analytics solution that raises the intelligence of software-as-a-service application performance management. Outage Analyzer provides real-time visualizations and alerts of outages in third-party web services that are mission critical to web, mobile and cloud applications around the world.
- Detailed its strategy for helping customers to modernize enterprise applications and to leverage new technologies including cloud computing.
- Released Uniface 9.6, a significant milestone in its vision of helping organizations modernize applications and enabling the development of applications of engagement.
- Announced that it is providing “day one” support for IBM’s CICS Transaction Server for z/OS V5.1, a crucial component of modern, multi-tiered and customer-facing applications.
- Announced that it has partnered with REAL TECH AG, a provider of software solutions for enterprise-wide IT management and SAP consultancy, to incorporate Compuware APM – dynaTrace Data Center Real User Monitoring into the latest release of its IT service management software.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV