For the third quarter of fiscal year 2013, the Company’s effective GAAP tax rate was 29.9 percent, compared with 34.9 percent in the prior year period. The Company’s effective non-GAAP tax rate was 30.7 percent, compared with 31.5 percent in the prior year period.
- Mainframe Solutions revenue was $622 million, down 8 percent in constant currency and 9 percent as reported. The single license payment in the third quarter of fiscal 2012 contributed 6 percentage points to the year-over-year decline. Operating expense was $248 million and operating profit was $374 million. Operating margin was 60 percent, up 1 percentage point from a year ago.
- Enterprise Solutions revenue was $476 million, flat in constant currency and as reported. Operating expense was $426 million and operating profit was $50 million. Operating margin was 11 percent, down 1 percentage point from a year ago.
- Services revenue was $97 million, down 5 percent in constant currency and 6 percent as reported. Operating expense was $93 million and operating profit was $4 million. Operating margin was 4 percent, down 7 percentage points from a year ago.
CASH FLOW FROM CONTINUING OPERATIONS
Cash flow from continuing operations in the third quarter was $566 million, compared with $396 million in the prior year. The quarter included an increase of $150 million in single installment payments year-over-year, primarily attributable to one single installment payment of more than $100 million.CAPITAL STRUCTURE
- Cash, cash equivalents and investments at Dec. 31, 2012 were $2.548 billion.
- With $1.301 billion in total debt outstanding and a borrowing position of $140 million on the Company’s notional pooling arrangement, the Company’s net cash, cash equivalents and investments were $1.107 billion.
- During the quarter, the Company repurchased 3.4 million shares in the market for approximately $75 million.
- The Company is currently authorized to repurchase an additional $579 million of common stock through fiscal year 2014.
- The Company’s outstanding share count at Dec. 31, 2012 was 451 million.
- During the quarter, the Company distributed $114 million in dividends.
- Michael P. Gregoire’s election as the Company’s chief executive officer and addition to the Company’s Board of Directors, and Bill McCracken’s retirement as chief executive officer and Board member, effective January 7, 2013.
- Adoption of a Stockholder Protection Rights Agreement to replace the Company’s existing Rights Agreement, which expired on November 30, 2012.
- That it placed fifth out of 500 in Newsweek’s 2012 Green Rankings of U.S. companies, up from ninth place last year. The Company ranked second in its industry sector, information technology and services.
- That it has enhanced CA Nimsoft Monitor with advanced network flow analysis, enabling customers to visualize their IP traffic in ways that can assist them in optimizing application service levels.
- New versions of CA IT Asset Manager and CA Service Desk Manager which empower IT organizations to work smarter, mitigate risk and deliver more value to the business.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV