Super Micro Computer, Inc. (NASDAQ:SMCI), a leader in application optimized, high performance server solutions, today announced second quarter fiscal 2013 financial results for the quarter ended December 31, 2012.
Fiscal 2nd Quarter Highlights
- Quarterly net sales of $291.5 million, up 7.7% from the first quarter of fiscal year 2013 and up 16.6% from the same quarter of last year.
- Net income of $4.9 million, up 446.6% from the first quarter of fiscal year 2013 and down 66.3% from the same quarter of last year.
- Gross margin of 13.8%, up from 12.9% in the first quarter of fiscal year 2013 and down from 17.1% in the same quarter of last year.
- Server solutions accounted for 43.3% of net sales compared with 39.5% in the first quarter of fiscal year 2013 and 44.0% in the same quarter of last year.
Net sales for the second quarter ended December 31, 2012 totaled $291.5 million, up 7.7% from $270.7 million in the first quarter of fiscal year 2013. No customer accounted for more than 10% of net sales during the quarter ended December 31, 2012.
Net income for the second quarter of fiscal year 2013 was $4.9 million or $0.11 per diluted share, a decrease of 44.0% from the net income of $8.8 million, or $0.20 per diluted share in the same period a year ago. Included in net income for the quarter is $2.9 million of stock-based compensation expense (pre-tax). Excluding this item and the related tax effect, non-GAAP net income for the second quarter was $7.8 million, or $0.18 per diluted share, compared to non-GAAP net income of $11.2 million, or $0.25 per diluted share, in the same quarter of the prior year. On a sequential basis, non-GAAP net income increased from the first quarter of fiscal year 2013 by $4.8 million or $0.11 per diluted share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV