About the Proposed Merger
Under the terms of the merger agreement, if the proposed merger is completed, ANI will merge with and into BioSante, with BioSante continuing as the surviving company. Upon completion of the merger, the combined company will be renamed ANI Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and will operate under the leadership of the ANI management team, with Arthur S. Przybyl serving as President and Chief Executive Officer. In addition to Mr. Przybyl, the board of directors of the combined company is expected to have two current directors from BioSante and four current ANI directors. The combined company that will result from the merger will be a fully integrated specialty pharmaceutical company focused on developing, manufacturing and marketing branded and generic prescription pharmaceuticals.
Pursuant to the terms of the merger agreement, upon completion of the merger, ANI stockholders will have the right to receive, for each share of ANI capital stock they hold, that number of shares of BioSante common stock, if any, as determined pursuant to the exchange ratios described in the merger agreement and the provisions of ANI’s certificate of incorporation. Following completion of the merger, the current ANI stockholders are expected to own approximately 53 percent of the outstanding shares of common stock of the combined company, and the current BioSante stockholders are expected to own approximately 47 percent of the outstanding shares of common stock of the combined company. The exchange ratios are subject to potential adjustment as described in the merger agreement depending upon the amount of “net cash” of BioSante as of a determination date prior to the closing date of the merger, but in no event will the current ANI stockholders own less than 50.1 percent (or the current BioSante stockholders own more than 49.9 percent) of the outstanding shares of common stock of the combined company.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV