Be A Fan: State Winter Games In Cobb County Set For Jan. 25-27
ATLANTA, Jan. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Athletes from all over Georgia will compete in Special Olympics Georgia's State Indoor Winter Games in Cobb County this weekend.
About 2,800 participants – including athletes, coaches and unified partners -- from all over Georgia will compete Jan. 25-27 at various locations in Cobb County. Athletes will compete in basketball, bowling, floor hockey, powerlifting, artistic gymnastics and roller skating. Southeast Powerlifting and Ice Skating is also being held during the weekend at the Wyndham Atlanta Galleria Hotel and the Marietta Ice Center, respectively. The games are free and open to the public.
The Games' Opening Ceremony is at 7:30 p.m. at Cobb Civic Center in Marietta. The Opening Ceremony Grand Marshal is former Atlanta Falcons quarterback D.J. Shockley who was also named MVP of the 2005 SEC Championship Game.
Competitions will continue Saturday and Sunday at various locations, including The Marietta Ice Center, All Tournaments Players Park, Brunswick Zone, Marietta Middle School, and Cobb County Civic Center. The full schedule and a link to make a donation is available at www.SpecialOlympicsGA.org.Special Olympics Georgia (SOGA) SOGA provides year-round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for nearly 24,470 children and adults with intellectual disabilities, giving them continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy and participate in the sharing of gifts, skills, and friendships with their families, other Special Olympics athletes and the community. For more information visit www.SpecialOlympicsGA.org. SOURCE Special Olympics Georgia
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV