Airlines For America Welcomes Selection Of Rep. Larsen As Ranking Member Of The House Aviation Subcommittee
WASHINGTON, Jan. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Airlines for America (A4A), the industry trade organization for the leading U.S. airlines, welcomed the selection of Rep. Rick Larsen (D-WA) as the Ranking Member of the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee's Aviation Subcommittee for the 113th Congress.
"Ranking Member Larsen comes from a state with a strong aviation presence, giving him first-hand knowledge of the important role that the U.S. aviation industry plays in job creation," said A4A President and CEO Nicholas E. Calio. "Through many years of service on the committee, he has been a leading voice on a host of transportation issues, including promoting the use of alternative fuels, stopping the European Union Emissions Trading Scheme mandates and advocating for the NextGen program to modernize our air traffic control system. We believe he and Chairman LoBiondo will make a strong leadership team on the Aviation Subcommittee."
ABOUT A4AAnnually, commercial aviation helps drive more than $1 trillion in U.S. economic activity and more than 10 million U.S. jobs. A4A airline members and their affiliates transport more than 90 percent of all U.S. airline passenger and cargo traffic. For more information about the airline industry, visit www.airlines.org and follow us on Twitter @airlinesdotorg. SOURCE Airlines for America
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV