On January 18, 2013, the Board of Directors of The National Security Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:NSEC), declared a quarterly dividend of $0.025 per share. This cash dividend is payable on February 28, 2013 to shareholders of record February 4, 2013.
Along with the quarterly dividend announcement, the Board of Directors and management of the Company released the following cautionary statement regarding future dividend policy: As we have disclosed previously, due to the impact of several events that have adversely impacted our earnings, we expect that our dividend policy will remain necessarily flexible and will be subject to quarterly review which could include a range of actions up to and including the suspension of dividends. Our subsidiaries remain capitalized at levels that have not adversely impacted our ability to operate. However, in order to rebuild capital levels in our property and casualty subsidiary, it is necessary that our dividend policy remain flexible.
With its home office in Elba, Alabama, The National Security Group, Inc. is an insurance holding company. Company shares are traded on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol NSEC.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV