PARSIPPANY, N.J., Jan. 22, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Avis Budget Group Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Ronald L. Nelson has signed a "Statement of Support" for the country's military veterans, reservists and national guardsmen, at a ceremony held at the Company's world headquarters. A cornerstone effort of the Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), a Department of Defense agency, the Statement of Support formalizes Avis Budget Group's long-standing practice of providing military personnel with employment opportunities and the training and tools they need to succeed.
"The men and women who have served in our nation's armed forces bring valuable knowledge and skills to the workforce, and we are proud to have current and former members among our staff, at all levels of our organization," said Mr. Nelson. "We are honored to reaffirm our support for these employees and are committed to continuing to employ and develop military personnel from all branches of the service."
Avis Budget Group's strong connection with military heroes dates back to the Company's founder, Warren Avis, who was a fighter pilot with the Army Air Corps during World War II. Today, Avis Budget Group's tradition of supporting the country's servicemen and servicewomen includes the following initiatives:
- Avis Budget Group is enrolled in the 100,000 Jobs Mission, a coalition comprised of major corporations that have jointly committed to hiring 100,000 transitioning service members and military veterans by 2020. As part of its promise, Avis Budget Group recruits veterans via job fairs, military bases and online initiatives.
- Avis Budget Group has established a dedicated recruitment website for veterans and transitioning service members to help match veterans with employment opportunities. Visit www.avisbudgetgroup-veterans.jobs for more information.
- As the official rental car company of the Wounded Warrior Project (WWP), Budget Car Rental provides transportation assistance as well as support for fundraising to further WWP's mission. WWP is a nonprofit, non-partisan organization dedicated to raising awareness of severely injured servicemen and servicewomen and providing much needed assistance to these veterans and their families.
CONTACT: Alice Pereira (973) 496-6113 PR@avisbudget.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV