TOPEKA, Kan., Jan. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- During its recent annual meeting held Tuesday, January 22, Capitol Federal® Financial, Inc. (CFFN) announced the election of James G. "Jim" Morris to its board of directors. This same announcement also is effective for the Capitol Federal® Savings Bank board of directors.
A certified public accountant, Morris retired from KPMG LLP on September 30, 2012, after having served as partner-in-charge of the financial services practice of the firm's Kansas City office. When the firm was known as Peat Marwick Mitchell & Co, Morris joined in 1976 as an auditor and was promoted to partner in 1988. At KPMG, Morris served a wide range of financial services clients, including banks, thrifts, mortgage companies, investment advisors and real estate companies.
John B. Dicus remarked, "Mr. Morris' accounting and auditing background and extensive experience working with companies in the financial services industry make him a valuable addition to the board."
SOURCE Capitol Federal Financial, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV