Will these costly experiments pay off in the long run? Currently, Pepsi Next and Dr Pepper 10 have less than 1% market share. These investments could prove to be futile if current consumer trends are here to stay. The strategy you want to see these companies implement going forward is tapping into the faster growing beverage niches.
Let's look into some of the big soda players, which have seen nice growth despite the trends:
Interactive chart: 1- year returns for Coca-Cola Co (KO), PepsiCo Inc. (PEP), Dr Pepper Snapple Group (DPS) and SodaStream International (SODA). The average 1-year return for these soda stocks is 17% .
Written by KAPITALL'S Nick Sousa
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV