By implication, this means the "services" (for lack of a better word) provided by the bad bankers are, in aggregate, worth much less than zero -- meaning the massive overt harm committed by these serial criminals makes their work much worse than merely "worthless."
Even more generally, we have an entire industry -- investment banking -- that extracts exorbitant fees for its services (the largest in the history of human commerce); but where even the friends of this industry explicitly point out (via long-term data) that these services are absolutely worthless.
There is an identical parallel in nature. Creatures that relentlessly suck the blood from other creatures while providing nothing in return are known as parasites. Those are the "good" bankers.
For an appropriate analogy for the bad bankers (i.e., the traders) who relentlessly blood-suck their "clients" while simultaneously doing massive/catastrophic harm, there's
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV