A global poll conducted by Monster reveals that more than three quarters of respondents have so little faith in their managers that they would vote them out of their job if they had the chance. Nearly one third of respondents (30 percent) would vote themselves into their manager’s position instead, and one in four (25 percent) would vote for another colleague who they think would be better qualified in the role, while around one in five (21 percent) would eschew all of these options and hope for a new candidate to enter the race.
Would you vote for your boss? (Photo: Business Wire)
Monster, the worldwide leader in successfully connecting people to job opportunities and flagship brand of Monster Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE: MWW) asked visitors to their site the question, “In your current or most recent job, who would you vote into your manager's position?” and received 2411 responses. International findings included:
- I'd vote for the current boss to keep his/her job: 24%
- I'd vote for a colleague who'd make a better manager: 25%
- I'd vote for myself, of course!: 30%
- I'd hope for a new candidate to enter the race: 21%
Workers surveyed in Mexico appear to be the most self-confident, as nearly half (46 percent) said they would prefer to see themselves in their manager’s position. The average worker in Europe is not so confident, with only 28 percent who indicated they would vote for themselves; however the French buck this general European trend with 45 percent keen to vote themselves into their boss’s seat.
In terms of favoring colleagues to take the managerial position, U.S. workers were among the most supportive, with 27 percent believing that a colleague would make a better manager than their current boss.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV