NASA Hosts Jan. 23 Media Teleconference On Sun Observations
WASHINGTON, Jan. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- NASA will host a media teleconference at 1 p.m. EST Wednesday, Jan. 23, to discuss new observations of a large active region in the sun's 1- million-degree atmosphere called the corona.
Researchers have been studying detailed images from the High Resolution Coronal (Hi-C) Imager telescope with its 9.5-inch diameter mirror. The instrument was launched aboard a sounding rocket in July 2012 from the White Sands Missile Range in New Mexico.
The media teleconference participants are:-- Jeff Newmark, sounding rocket program scientist, Heliophysics Division, Science Mission Directorate, NASA Headquarters, Washington-- Jonathan Cirtain, Hi-C mission principal investigator, Marshall Space Flight Center, Huntsville, Ala.-- Karel Schrijver, senior fellow, Lockheed Martin Advanced Technology Center, Palo Alto, Calif.-- Amy Winebarger, senior astrophysicist, Marshall Space Flight Center Reporters can obtain dial-in information by sending an email to Dwayne Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests must include reporter's name, affiliation, and telephone number. Audio of the teleconference will be streamed live at: http://www.nasa.gov/newsaudio Related images for the teleconference will be available at: http://www.nasa.gov/sunearth For more information about NASA's sounding rocket program, visit: http://www.nasa.gov/soundingrockets SOURCE NASA
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV