Edward, Elmhurst Announce Plans To Merge Into Integrated Health System
The merger will also have many benefits including:
- Improving coordination of care and quality in the region as Edward and Elmhurst Memorial medical staff share best practices and clinical protocols.
- Building upon our relationships with affiliated and independent physicians. Edward Medical Group and Elmhurst Memorial's affiliated practices including Elmhurst Clinic, LLC, will remain of key strategic importance as will hundreds of independent physicians at both entities including DuPage Medical Group practitioners. We also plan to continue partnerships with other major physician groups such as Advocate Midwest Heart Specialists which has a large presence at Elmhurst and Edward.
- Improving access to clinical services. While Edward and Elmhurst each have a broad range of high-quality service offerings, we plan to complement and grow our service offerings and locations throughout the region in an efficient manner that best serves the needs of the community.
- Becoming more efficient. With shrinking reimbursement for hospitals, healthcare reform demands that we become more efficient to lower healthcare costs.
Founded in 1926, Elmhurst Memorial Hospital today is Elmhurst Memorial Healthcare, a comprehensive health system with multiple locations and services designed to enhance the health of the communities and customers served. In June 2011, Elmhurst Memorial Healthcare opened a new, 866,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art acute care hospital. With 259 private patient rooms, a modern emergency department and technologically advanced surgical suites, Elmhurst Memorial Hospital incorporates the latest trends in healthcare facility design and is home to some of the area's most advanced technology. Elmhurst Memorial is one of 19 hospitals worldwide designated as a Planetree patient-centered healthcare organization. For more information about Elmhurst Memorial Healthcare visit www.emhc.org.
Edward Hospital & Health Services is a full-service, regional healthcare provider offering access to complex medical specialties and innovative programming. Founded in 1907 as a tuberculosis sanitorium and converted to a community hospital in 1955, Edward Hospital in Naperville has 309 private patient rooms and 4,400 employees, including 1,350 nurses and a medical staff of 1,000 physicians comprised of independent members of the medical staff, employed physicians and independent contractors. Edward Plainfield at 127 th and Van Dyke continues to grow and saw more than 100,000 patient visits last year for a wide variety of services. Edward is the number one hospital for overall quality in Chicago's west and southwest suburbs and number one in all key service lines in the region according to a 2012 survey by the National Research Corporation. Edward was re-designated as a Magnet hospital for nursing excellence in 2010 after receiving its original designation in 2005. For more information about Edward, visit www.edward.org.
Linden Oaks at Edward is a 108-bed behavioral health hospital on Edward's Naperville campus with outpatient locations in Naperville, Plainfield, St. Charles, Woodridge and Yorkville. For more information about Linden Oaks, visit www.edward.org/lindenoaks.It is not currently anticipated that the financial structure of either organization, as represented by their respective "obligated groups", will be altered by the proposed merger.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts