American Dental Association Symptom Checker App Gives Patients The Power
Patients can check symptoms, find treatment recommendations
CHICAGO, Jan. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- There are apps for everything from purchasing shoes to scheduling restaurant reservations, but how about an app for your toothache? The American Dental Association (ADA) has introduced the ADA ® Dental Symptom Checker™ on MouthHealthy.org to provide patients with accurate information about their oral health symptoms as well as help them become better-informed when making decisions about their oral health.
After entering their age and gender in the ADA Dental Symptom Checker, patients can identify the location of the symptom they're having and other factors, such as pain or swelling, and read about various conditions that fit that description. The Symptom Checker is not meant to diagnose or replace the role of the dentist. In fact, many of the conditions emphasize the importance of seeing a dentist or physician.
"Oftentimes a patient will wait until a dental appointment to mention a recent oral health issue such as a bitten tongue or mouth," said Ruchi Nijjar Sahota, D.D.S., an ADA consumer advisor spokesperson who practices general dentistry in Fremont, Calif. "The ADA app is designed to give patients the power to learn more about what's happening in their mouths so that they can make an educated decision on what they might have and what needs to be done to treat it. This information makes it easier for the patient to communicate with their dentist about their oral health."The ADA designed the app to help build consumer awareness of the importance of oral health and recognize the benefits of regular dental visits. "As advocates for America's oral health, the ADA strives to educate people about the value of good dental care," Dr. Sahota added. "This app is a teaching tool for today."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV