Jan. 22, 2013
/PRNewswire/ -- Parks Associates today announced
, VP & GM, Honeywell Smart Grid Solutions, Honeywell, and
, VP, GM, Smart Home, Lowe's Companies, Inc., will deliver keynotes at the upcoming
Smart Energy Summit: Engaging the Consumer
. The event, hosted by Parks Associates on
, addresses the growing market for new energy management services and technologies and opportunities for new partnerships between utilities, service providers, retailers, and OEMs.
"The average household spends
per month for electricity, and consumers expect a quick return on investment in energy-saving products, " said
, President, Parks Associates. "Our research shows consumers will not pay more than their average total energy bill for products offering a 20% savings, roughly
. Honeywell and Lowe's are both taking important steps to overcome these challenges and expand the market for energy solutions. We are looking forward to their keynotes at
Smart Energy Summit
Sponsors for Smart Energy Summit
include Alarm.com, ecobee, EcoFactor, Hitachi, Lowe's, PlanetEcosystems, Qualcomm, Sigma Designs, IPSO Alliance, and Itron.
Preliminary list of speakers:
- Brad Cherry, HAN Readiness Senior Project Manager, Southern California Edison
- Shane Dyer, President & Founder, Arrayent
- Dan Flagler, Manager, Partner Management & Product Development, Verizon
- Denis Garman, Category Leader, Duke Energy, Home Efficiency Solutions
- Bill Harmon, VP, Residential Segment Marketing, Reliant
- Fabrice Hoerner, Senior Manager, Technical Marketing, Qualcomm
- Brian Huey, Business Development, Smart Grid and Energy Management, Sprint
- Roy Johnson, CEO, EcoFactor, Inc.
- Stephen Johnson, Product Line Manager, Consumer Energy Management, Itron
- V. Rory Jones, President, PlanetEcosystems
- Deborah Kimberly, VP, Distributed Energy Services, Austin Energy
- Stuart Lombard, President & CEO, ecobee
- Letha McLaren, VP, Product Management, iControl Networks
- Paul Pishal, VP, Business Development, M2M, Hitachi Communication Technologies Americas
- Ted M. Reguly, Director, Customer Programs and Assistance, San Diego Gas & Electric (SDG&E)
- Bill Scheffler, Senior Director, North American Business Development, Z-Wave Alliance / Sigma Designs
- Robby Simpson, System Architect, GE Digital Energy
- Speaker TBA, CPS Energy
Parks Associates will host the pre-conference workshop
"Understanding Utilities and Consumers: Energy Management Markets"
Monday, February 25
, highlighting research on demand for security and energy management solutions, including consumer willingness to pay fees for equipment and services and the integration of connected CE into home services.
or contact 972-490-1113,
for information. Media can register online at
About Smart Energy Summit
Smart Energy Summit: Engaging the Consumer examines the expanding market for energy solutions and home controls and its impact on utilities, service providers, retailers, manufacturers, and consumers.
The summit agenda features executives representing utilities, telecom and security companies, retailers, and OEMs presenting on the state of the market and the emerging consumer and business opportunities.