TE Connectivity today announced a new addition to its diverse range of infrastructure management solutions for the data center or local area network environment. The new universal connectivity platform (UCP) is an advanced modular cabling concept designed for speed and flexibility, facilitating data center migration from 1 to 100 GbE. Supporting both copper and fiber component cabling, TE’s UCP delivers superior rack efficiency and is ideal for rapidly changing network communications infrastructure environments where space is at a premium.
“Rack space is always an issue in the data center or telecommunications closet. The universal connectivity platform helps alleviate space challenges through its modular design and impressive feature set,” said Brian Davis, senior product manager, fiber and copper connectivity solutions, at TE Enterprise Networks.
The UCP concept includes a broad range of TE components including: patch panels, subfloor panel and overhead panel mounts, preterminated links and adaptor modules. One common patch panel is used to accommodate both copper and fiber and can be installed within or outside the 19-inch envelope. Side-mounting brackets maximize usable space along the vertical posts of the rack system, while adaptive mounting brackets can be used strategically above and below the racks.
The UCP solution includes:
- UCP patch panels
- UCP drawer-style enclosures
- Preterminated fiber and copper quick-fit cassettes: MPO and MRJ21 cabling system
- UCP fiber quick-fit modules: LC fiber modules and MPO coupler
- UCP copper quick-fit modules: SL series modules and blank modules
- Zero rack unit accessories: quick-fit brackets, vertical patch panel brackets, raised floor panel mount kit and wire mesh cable tray panel mount kit
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV