NEW YORK, Jan. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- SurePure, (OTCBB: SURP), a global leader in liquid photopurification, today announced that GEA Farm Technologies of Naperville, IL has renewed its global license for SurePure's ultraviolet (UV) calf milk purifier technology through 2018.
GEA Farm Technologies markets SurePure's technology for feeding dairy calves under the brand name UV Pure via its subsidiaries in over 60 countries. It is part of the GEA Group; one of the world's largest system providers for food and energy processes with approximately EUR 5.4 billion in revenues in 2011.
The technology is an alternative to on-farm pasteurization to ensure hygienic, nutrient-rich milk. During the past four years, GEA Farm Technologies has sold over 140 systems for on-farm use, mainly in North America, and has accelerated plans to roll out the application to new markets.
Steve Miller, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for SurePure stated, "Since appointing GEA some four years ago as SurePure's global distributor for calf milk, there has been a great uptake of the technology for the use in calf's milk globally. We have had major sales in the US and China. The technology has also been launched in Europe and we look forward to sales accelerating."SurePure's technology is being used on farms under the brand UV Pure, to purify waste milk in order to yield a nutrient-rich product for young calves. Vitamins, proteins and protective immunoglobulin remain intact, which permanently reinforces the animal's immune system. SurePure's system utilizes the anti-bacterial effects of UV light to ensure outstanding milk quality during the first important weeks of a calf's life. The UV light inactivates the bacteria contained within the milk, by impacting their DNA and eliminating their ability to reproduce. Fewer pathogens, reduces the risk of illness."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV