FARMINGTON HILLS, Mich., Jan. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The MAHLE Group supplies components and systems on nine of the 10 engines recently named to the Ward's list of 10 Best Engines for 2013.
Now in its 19th year, the Ward's 10 Best Engines competition measures the latest engines available in the U.S. against winners from the previous year. To be eligible, engines must be available in a production vehicle on sale within the first quarter of 2103 with a base price less than $55,000.
Industry-leading MAHLE components and systems featured on the 2013 award-winning engines include: piston systems and cylinder components as well as valve-train, air- management and liquid-management systems."The fact that MAHLE's engine components and systems are featured on 90 percent of these award-winning engines is a great tribute to our engineering and product development teams," said Scott Ferriman, MAHLE's North American vice president of Sales and Application Engineering. "The MAHLE Group continues to provide its global customers pioneering powertrain technologies that will keep them in the forefront of next-generation engine development." Ward's 10 Best Engines for 2013 featuring MAHLE components include:
- Audi 3.0L TFSI Supercharged DOHC V-6 (Audi S5)
- BMW 2.0L N20 Turbocharged DOHC I-4 (BMW 328i)
- BMW 3.0L N55 Turbocharged DOHC I-6 (BMW 135is coupe)
- Chrysler 3.6L Pentastar DOHC V-6 (Ram 1500)
- Ford 2.0L EcoBoost DOHC I-4 (Ford Focus ST/Taurus)
- Ford 5.8L Supercharged DOHC V-8 (Ford Shelby GT500)
- GM 2.0L Turbocharged DOHC I-4 (Cadillac ATS)
- Honda 2.4L DOHC I-4 (Honda Accord Sport)
- Honda 3.5L SOHC V-6 (Honda Accord Touring)